Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May the Fourth be with You....

This page, from the Dark Empire Handbook, represents a classic example of how history was taken from and twisted by the Prequels. In Attack of the Clones, the movie, we see Obi-Wan Kenobi trapped in a similar device (As seen in the image to the left) on Geonosis after he has been captured by the barely 2 dimensional character, Count Dooku.

Why didn't we get to see the Purge of the Jedi? Why did we need to see 9 year old Anakin win a Podrace? I don't think I can ever answer these questions. Those aren't the only ones either.

I will say this: George Lucas inspired me all throughout my childhood and my adulthood. My love of Star Wars was what spurred me onto studying mythology, storytelling and the visual arts.

I don't know for sure why he allowed the Prequels to happen the way that he did. I have many theories. Maybe someday I will get to sit down with George one day and talk to him about it.

For now, we Skywalkers will create our own version of the story. We will be so glad to share it with all of you!

Don't forget! June 15th, 2010! The Force will be with you.

~ Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment